Firestation Arts & Culture CIC
Mission & Strategy 2016
Life is better, for the individual and collective, when creative activity is prolific and culture is rich and dynamic.
Firestation Arts and Culture adopts a dynamic and progressive role in the celebration and promotion of all forms of contemporary culture and entertainment. By showcasing and instigating performing arts, visual arts, critical thinking and production – whilst creating the spaces for shared cultural experiences – it aims to support and drive forward cultural activity and the importance of a creative life.
The Firestation is a vibey and rich social space and events venue delivering an exciting programme of progressive cultural content, seeking to both entertain and enrich the community.
Lemonade Gallery is a progressive and independent UK gallery representing emerging artists from Europe and the USA. Lemonade artists make work firmly routed in the 21st century, using a wide range of media from painting to animated gifs and fashion.
Beat aims to deliver exciting and progressive journalistic content using all the tools currently available, and explore what a magazine is and can be in the networked age.
A bespoke publishing platform cultivating and supporting the very best in cultural products and critically engaged thought.
Prime Studios is a support programme for emerging artists and cultural entrepreneurs, offering subsidised studio and office space, tailored mentoring and access to the R&D and performance facilities offered by the organisation.
A new and innovative concept in cultural events, platforming the best in emerging and popular culture with the energy, scale and collective experience of club culture.
We measure our success by
- Commercial success
- Customer numbers, membership uptake and feedback
- Staff quality, number of applications and turnover.
- Artist feedback & approaches
- Brand & mission penetration (press reviews and articles, professional enquiries, partnerships)
- To be recognised as a cultural leader, a centre of excellence for creative output and participation.
- To inspire our audiences, participants and peers.
- To be a powerful and positive contributor to, and a major resource for, the regions cultural make up.
- To be a catalyst for new works, collaborations and ideas from our practitioners and users in the Royal Borough, the UK and beyond.
- To recruit and train excellent staff who share our vision and ensure they have the tools to do their best.
- To maintain a sound strategic plan with robust financial controls to offer the maximum benefit to our users in a financially viable framework.
- To ensure that information flows freely to the people who need it and that subsequent decisions are taken at the right time, for the right reasons.
- To be plugged in to our users ideas and concerns and flexible enough to respond.
- To seek out new partnerships and growth opportunities.